Recipe by Dancer^
This tangy dressing goes well with all kinds of salad greens and is especially good with cucumbers and summer-ripe tomatoes. Pour it over steamed and sliced new potatoes for a delicious warm potato salad.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Adored this classic of a wonderful herby dressing. Served my on a salad, and it was gorgeous!! Loved the garlic chives, and also the minced tarragon! Made for Herb Challenge Photo Forum!
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons garlic chives, snipped
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced tarragon
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground green peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (approximately)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk buttermilk, olive oil, lemon juice and mayonnaise in a small bowl until mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Blend in remaining ingredients.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Correct seasoning and allow to come to cool room temperature before serving.