Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make this versatile dressing and you'll never retreat to bottled ranch again! Serve with salads or as a dip for fresh vegetables. Originally from a Houston Chronicle food section article called "The Taste of Summer". My boys even like this on their pizza slices!
- 1 cup mayonnaise (low or fat-free may be used)
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until well blended.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.
- Refrigerate and chill for several hours before using.
Excellent! Even the kids enjoyed this dressing. Only change I made was pure laziness. I combined the ingredients in the blender which because of the fresh herbs, made the dressing slightly green in color. Like all dressings, best made well in advance so the flavors have time to combine. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was a delicious and oh-so-easy dressing. I cut the recipe in half, as there was only that much mayonnaise in the house -- but mixed the dressing by shaking the mayonnaise jar, which made it even easier to make! Used dried herbs and a dash of cayenne, and probably doubled the lemon juice to great effect. Great recipe!
Leslie, you were right about this recipe. It is so delicious that I can't wait for salad or veggie dipping. I have always loved Hidden Ranch Buttermilk but since I can't find it in Canada, I always had to rely on friends to pick it up in the States for me. Now I can make this and to me it takes very similiar. I'm so glad you posted. Thanks, Bet