Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great to serve with fennel fries and lamb.
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and coarsely grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place the cucumbers in a small bowl and sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- Stir to combine, then set aside while you assemble the remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, garlic, dill, cayenne and salt and stir to combine well.
- Drain the cucumber in a small colander, then, using your hands, squeeze to remove as much excess water as possible.
- Add the cucumber to the buttermilk mixture and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, for up to 1 day in advance.