1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #730211's Note:
This is a wonderful Dinner Roll recipe that we use for holidays and special occasions. Much better than store bought! I have copied it from a since not remembered cookbook and kept using it for years. We can't get through the holidays without it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast, honey and buttermilk by stirring together.
- 2Stir in melted butter.
- 3Mix in 2 cups flour, baking soda and salt. Beat well, cover. (Hint- put saran wrap directly over dough and then cover with towel.)
- 4Place near warm area such as heated oven and let rise 2 inches up the bowl. (Approximately 25 minutes.).
- 5Stir down, then add enough flour to make soft dough, attempting to get in the remaining 3 cups. Start by stirring the flour in, then try kneading as much of the remaining flour in as possible.
- 6Lightly oil a clean bowl and place dough into it. Cover, place in warm place and let rise until doubled. (Approximately 30 minutes.).
- 7Punch down.
- 8Divide into 24 pieces. Form into well-rounded smooth balls.
- 9Place 1 inch apart in oiled pan.
- 10Cover, place in warm place and let rise until doubled. (Approximately 30 minutes.).
- 11Bake for 20 minutes in pre-heated 400 degree oven.
- 12For softer, even better rolls, butter top of rolls after removing from oven.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.0
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 387.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 7.2 g