Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
If you like soft thick cut-outs, these are the ones for you.
Make and share this Buttermilk Cutouts recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream together sugar, butter, shortening, eggs and vanilla until light.
- Add flour mixture alternating with buttermilk.
- Add more flour if needed.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Roll to desired thickness (approx. 1/4-in) and cut.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes.
- Be careful not to over bake.
- Frost and enjoy.
- *I have also made with all butter and all shortening, I like half and half the best.
This dough was very easy to handle, from rolling out to taking off of the baking sheet. They are a little bland, but I sandwiched mine with jam and iced them, they looked great. Thanks!