Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Quick to make, easy and delicious too. Top with kiwi and strawberries or your choice of seasonal fruit.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells (your own or store-bought, pre-made one)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 kiwi fruits, sliced (optional)
- 3 strawberries, sliced (optional)
- Prepare a 9-inch pie shell and set aside.
- Mix sugar an flour.
- Blend in butter, eggs, buttermilk, orange extract and orange rind. Beat until mixture is very smooth.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake at 350° until pie is set, about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled, topped with slices of kiwi and strawberries, if desired.
- If you like, add whipped cream for garnish.