1/1 Photo of Buttermilk Cupcakes With Chocolate Icing
I made these for my niece Zoey's birthday picnic. She loved them because she likes to lick off all the icing. It does make a lot of icing so you may want to reduce it. My frosting came out kind of rosie colored because I used raspberry swirled chocolate chips. Recipe is from Down Home with the Neelys.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together onto a sheet of parchment paper.
- 3In a large bowl beat the eggs, yolks and sugar together. Add the melted butter, vanilla and buttermilk to the mixture.
- 4Add the dry ingredients gradually into the batter. Mix until smooth. It will appear light and fluffy.
- 5Ladle and divide the batter evenly among muffin cups and bake for about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick tester comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before frosting.
- 6For the frosting: Beat the butter and cream cheese until creamy. Add confectioners' sugar slowly, while mixing in melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Cupcakes With Chocolate Icing
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.0
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 142.2 mg
- Sodium 228.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 46.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g