Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice simple cupcake that is great with a variety of frostings. These cupcakes can also be used to make Coconut Snowballs With Lemon Filling.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the cups of 18 muffin cups with paper liners and set aside.
- In medium bowl, cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer till light and fluffy, then add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition till well blended.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda and mix well.
- Add alternately with the buttermilk to the creamed mixture, ending with the flour mixture and beating till well blended.
- Fill the cups of each cup till half full and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Let the cupcakes cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Like you said, a nice simple cupcake, soft and moist. Topped them with rich chocolate frosting. Freeze well.
It was easy to make but was not moist enough for my family. My husband only ate one and said it tasted and looked more like a muffin than a cupcake.