1/1 Photo of Buttermilk Cranberry Muffins
This is my sister's contribution to our Thanksgiving celebration every year. We love these muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1Combine cranberries and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.
- 2Mix together flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 3Using pastry blender, cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Lightly beat together egg, buttermilk and orange juice.
- 5Add the liquid and sweetened cranberries to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened; be careful to not over mix.
- 6Spoon batter into greased muffin cups, filling two-thirds full.
- 7Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- 8To make cranberry butter, puree cranberries in blender.
- 9Add sugar, butter, and lemon juice; process until smooth.
- 10Refrigerate until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Cranberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1560 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.2
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 39.6 mg
- Sodium 251.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g