Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my sister's contribution to our Thanksgiving celebration every year. We love these muffins.
Make and share this Buttermilk Cranberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine cranberries and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.
- Mix together flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using pastry blender, cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Lightly beat together egg, buttermilk and orange juice.
- Add the liquid and sweetened cranberries to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened; be careful to not over mix.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- To make cranberry butter, puree cranberries in blender.
- Add sugar, butter, and lemon juice; process until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
I took these out of the oven just a few minutes ago. Already, my sleepy heads are rousing out of bed to see what the delicious smell is all about. They have a wonderful light texture. I made the cranberry butter last night. Makes a wonderful sweet and a little tangy spread. Thanks for posting this one.
Oh WOW! I made these for Thanksgiving breakfast and I'll tell you what, they were so delicious. Soft, tender muffins with the slight tartness of cranberries. Spread with the sweet cranberry butter. A perfect start to our day of thanks.
super yummy! definitely a 5 star recipe. however, i did have a slight problem pureeing the cranberries in my blender - ended up having to use my manual food chopper.