This is my sister's contribution to our Thanksgiving celebration every year. We love these muffins.
Make and share this Buttermilk Cranberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine cranberries and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.
- Mix together flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using pastry blender, cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Lightly beat together egg, buttermilk and orange juice.
- Add the liquid and sweetened cranberries to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened; be careful to not over mix.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- To make cranberry butter, puree cranberries in blender.
- Add sugar, butter, and lemon juice; process until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.