1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe from Chefdecusine.com and I have to say, these are soooo GOOD! They rise up nicely and have a subtle onion flavour. I sometimes add a little grated cheddar cheese to the batter and that is a yummy switch also. Try them... you'll LOVE them! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2In small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat; cook parsley and onions 3 minutes or until onions are just softened. Let cool.
- 3In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With your fingers, rub remaining butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- 4Make a well in the centre of mixture, add parsley mixture and buttermilk to well. With fork, mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 5Turn dough out onto floured surface. With floured hands, gather dough into ball; knead gently 10 times or until smooth. Pat out dough into 1/2 inch thick square. Cut into 16 squares; place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- 6Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until biscuits have risen and are lightly brown. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Cottage Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.6
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.8 mg
- Sodium 184.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g