Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from Chefdecusine.com and I have to say, these are soooo GOOD! They rise up nicely and have a subtle onion flavour. I sometimes add a little grated cheddar cheese to the batter and that is a yummy switch also. Try them... you'll LOVE them! :)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat; cook parsley and onions 3 minutes or until onions are just softened. Let cool.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With your fingers, rub remaining butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Make a well in the centre of mixture, add parsley mixture and buttermilk to well. With fork, mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface. With floured hands, gather dough into ball; knead gently 10 times or until smooth. Pat out dough into 1/2 inch thick square. Cut into 16 squares; place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until biscuits have risen and are lightly brown. Serve warm.