- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift all ingredients together. Triple, Quadruple, or Quintuple the batch to make enough for a number of meals.
- Store in an airtight container, and use as needed to make pancakes or waffles.
- For pancakes: 1 c mix, 1 c buttermilk, 1 egg, 1 T melted butter or oil.
- For waffles: 1 c mix, 1 c buttermilk, 1 egg, 2-4 T melted butter or oil.