Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
These are my sister-in-law's favorite "plain" muffin and can put bakery corn muffins to shame! Cut them in half, toast them lightly, and spread with honey butter. Bite and smile:)
Top Review by Maria Elena Parascan
This is the best buttermilk cornmeal muffin recipe ever! I love it! super moist and so tasty. This is going to be my go to buttermilk cornmeal muffins recipe from now on. Now all I need is some whipped honey butter! Yum! Thank you!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 5 1⁄3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Have ready 12 greased and or paper-lined muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk and cornmeal; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg and melted butter; add the cornmeal mixture and mix well.
- Add to the flour mixture just until combined; do not overmix.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 cup full; bake 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.