Recipe by Divinemom5
This makes a very moist cornbread
Top Review by Lennie
I cut this recipe in half (using 3 tbsp honey) and baked it in an 8" cake pan as a side-dish with tonight's dinner. This is by far the moistest cornbread I have ever made. It was easy, quick to whip together, and was wonderful. It's a definite keeper!
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (may use a combination of white and wheat)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix eggs, buttermilk oil, applesauce, and honey.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients, mix just until blended.
- Batter will be lumpy.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Also makes 12 muffins, if desired.