Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes a very moist cornbread
Make and share this Buttermilk Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix eggs, buttermilk oil, applesauce, and honey.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients, mix just until blended.
- Batter will be lumpy.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Also makes 12 muffins, if desired.
I cut this recipe in half (using 3 tbsp honey) and baked it in an 8" cake pan as a side-dish with tonight's dinner. This is by far the moistest cornbread I have ever made. It was easy, quick to whip together, and was wonderful. It's a definite keeper!
This was by far the BEST cornbread recipe I've ever made. The honey gave it such a great hint of sweetness. I usually sprinkle some sugar in the raw over top my cornbread before baking, but opted not to with this one because of the applesauce and honey in it. It was a good decision too. All this cornbread needs, is a little butter on it when you eat it. Two thumbs up! Pretty easy to make, and a great flavor. POSITIVE I will make it again! My husband finished it off the next couple of mornings with some syrup on it for his breakfast. YUMMY! YUMMY!
A FANTASTIC cornbread recipe.. very moist.. and very easy to make. Will be using this one often. THANKS!!