Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Not too sweet, not too tangy. From Soup Makes the Meal by Ken Haedrich.
- 8 cups cabbage, thinly sliced (or 1 lb package of coleslaw mix)
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large bowl, mix cabbages, carrots, onion and parsley.
- In a small bowl, mix buttermilk, mayonnaise, mustard, sugar and celery seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture, toss to blend. Cover and chill at least one hour before serving.