Recipe by tonyp063
It's summer folks & time for slaw! This is a wonderful creamy coleslaw with an enjoyable taste. The initial slating step leaves a crisp cabbage and prevents the dressing from pooling in the bowl. Substituting low-fat or fat-free as desired for the appropriate ingredients will make it more diet friendly if you wish
- 1 lb cabbage, shredded our chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled & shredded
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the shredded cabbage with 1 teaspon slat in a colander or strainer and let stand until wilted, at least 1 hour. Rinse the cabbage and pat dry.
- Combine cabbage and carrot in a large bowl.
- Stir remaining ingredients well in a small bowl. Pour over wilted cabbage and refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.