Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love making shakes for my boys after school, snack and drink in one. This beauty came from Cuisine at Home.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 4 teaspoons gingersnaps, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemons, zest of, roughly chopped
- 4 lemon slices
- COMBINE sugar and hot water in a small bowl; stir until dissolved.
- PUREE all ingrdients in a blender. Be sure to add the ice last so it doesn't lock the blades.
- GARNISH each serving with 1 teaspoons crushed cookies, 1/2 teaspoons zest, and a lemon slice. Serve immediately.
Very refreshing taste and not at all what I expected. All the kids liked it.