Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe while peering through blogs and it sounded fantastic. I thoguht I would share it here with everyone else!
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease you muffin pan with butter
- With the flat beater on your electric mixer combine the butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy on medium.
- Mix in the egg.
- In a seperate bowl, stir the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Combine the flower mixture, the butter mixture, and the vanilla and two parts slowly.
- Fill your muffin pan approximately 75% of the way with your batter, and bake until the muffins are golden brown or when a toothpick runs clean after inserting it in the center. This will take approximately 20-25 minutes.
- While muffins are cooling, mix the additional sugar and cinnamon.
- Melt the additional butter in a seperate bowl.
- Once the muffins are cooled, dip the into the melted butter and then immediately into the cinnamon sugar mixture making sure to coat it well.
- Repeat this step with the remaining muffins and enjoy after they have cooled!
Doubled the recipe and made these for a breakfast treat for a college women's group - beautiful and well-loved!
I gave this recipe 4 stars! I made this recipe for Spring PAC. Yum! These are great muffins. My family loved them! When I made these muffins I got 8 big muffins the way I like them. I used Splenda for baking for the the sugar that goes in the batter. For the topping I used 1/2 cup regular Splenda. Note this was my second batch of topping the first time I used 2/3 cup and it was a mess it mixed like a clump them it would mix at all. The second batch was perfect. Next time I make these I'll add a scoop of protein powder and serve them with our Sunday big breakfast! Thaks bunches for posting this recipe! Christine (internetnut)