Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
- Mix together in a large bowl the flour, salt, l teaspoons cinnamon, ginger, both sugars, and corn oil.
- Remove 3/4 cup of this mixture, and to it add the nuts and the remaining l teaspoons cinnamon.
- Mix well, and set aside to use as a topping.
- To the remaining batter, add the baking soda, baking powder, egg and buttermilk.
- Mix to combine all ingredients. Small lumps in the batter are okay.
- Pour the batter into a well greased 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture evenly over the surface.
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes.
This is a very delicious coffee cake. Quick and easy to make. Thanks for posting.
This easy but delicious coffee cake has been a treat for my family since it was published in Louisiana Cookin'. Thanks for sharing it! I had lost the issue and my scrap of paper where I had saved it was ragged. Now I can find it whenever we want this special treat!
We really enjoyed this coffee cake for breakfast this weekend. It was very easy to put together ~ I made as posted except to use canola oil as I didn't have corn oil. I was nervous about the amount of liquids but the cake turned out great. Thanks for posting!