Recipe by Desperada
I make this at Christmas and take around to the neighbors but it's delicious any time of year.
Top Review by Slocan cook
This recipe seemed to easy to make in the directions and as pointed out by the first reviewer that the instructions did not come through properly when trying to make a decent loaf that will be presentable to everyone. I followed to be what I thought the right way to make it and hope for the rest to be done in the oven after 50 minutes or so. My end result looked fair enough to eat I am sure by anyone who likes a good dessert bread. I did not use buttermilk but milk soured with lemon juice that is a suitable substitute for any quick bread that you make. This is a good recipe to make for the PAC 2011 event.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, 1 cup sugar, soda, egg, buttermilk and salt Beat until fluffy. Add flour.
- Mix remaining sugar with cinnamon in another bowl.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle with half of the sugar cinnamon.
- Add the rest of the batter and sprinkle with the rest of the sugar cinnamon.
- Swirl through batter with a knife.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minute.
- Freezes well.