Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I discovered this recipe when I needed to use up some extra buttermilk that I had on hand. It tastes great and is not overly sweet.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa and cornstarch. Whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm over icecream. Refrigerate leftovers.