Buttermilk Chocolate-Hazelnut Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in mixing bowl and beat together with electric mixer.
- Combine remaining ingredients except the hazelnuts in another bowl.
- Sprinkle into the wet mixture a bit at a time and beat in with the mixer until velvety smooth.
- Lightly oil 9 in. cake pan.
- Sprinkle the bottom with flour.
- Pour in half of the batter, then sprinkle it evenly with half of the hazelnuts.
- Pour in the remaining batter and top with the remaining hazelnuts.
- Bake for 25 to 30 min., or until tests clean.
- Cook, and cut into wedges.