Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A crowd pleaser
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans, , optional
- Grease a sheetpan and set aside, heat oven to 350F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine butter, cocoa powder and 1 c water.
- Bring mixture to just boiling, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate mixture to flour mixture and beat with mixer until combined Add eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Beat for 1 minute, batter will be thin.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- For frosting combine butter cocoa and buttermilk over medium heat in saucepan to boiling, remove from heat Add powdered sugar and vanilla, beat until smooth, add pecans if desired.
- Pour warm frosting over the warm brownies, smooth evenly.
- Cool completely before cutting.
It was real easy to make, but the cooking time was not working for me. After 25 minutes it was still very runny in the middle and I had to put it back for another 25 minutes before it was done.