Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Tender slices of chocolaty quick bread will satisfy your cravings!
Make and share this Buttermilk Chocolate Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Grease bottom only of 8x4 or 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and margarine; blend well.
- Add eggs; blend well.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Bake at 350* for 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
- Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.
- Yield: 1 loaf (12 slice).
Sharon, this bread is wonderful, tasty and moist. I used pecans in this bread. I really liked the buttermilk, which did make the bread moist. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe. I will definately use this one again.
Serve with chocolate honey butter: 1/2 cup butter, only 2 tbsp. honey 2 tbsp. chocolate syrup Mix together well. Serve with bread. Recipe can be halved.
Very nice. Has a great consistnacy, and not too sweet. I enjoyed th 'bread' feel, instead of a cake.