Recipe by True Texas
From a little cookbook put out by FHA/HERO of Texas. It has some great recipes in it.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine and sugar in large mixing bowl.
- Blend in eggs and buttermilk, mixing well after each addition.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, mixing until just moistened.
- Stir in pecans.
- Grease bottom of 5 x 9-inch loaf pan.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 65 minutes or until bread tests done.
- Let cool for 15 minutes in pan before removing.
- Combine butter, chocolate sryup and honey in small bowl, mixing well.
- Spread icing over cooled bread before slicing.