Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a tasty meal!
Make and share this Buttermilk Chicken Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- To start, add 4 chicken breasts to a pot of boiling water. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Clean and chop 2 stalks of celery, then add to pot of chicken.
- Let mixture boil for about 40 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 425*.
- Take the chicken out with a fork. DO NOT DRAIN, as we need the chicken broth. Let the chicken cool, and peel a part in small strings.
- Add the chicken to a casserole dish.
- In a smaller pot, combine 2 cups of chicken broth, celery and a can of cream of chicken soup, stir until boiling.
- pour mixture on top of the chicken in the casserole dish.
- In a large bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 cup buttermilk ( 1 cup milk and a teaspoon of vinegar) dash of pepper and salt, and 3/4 cup of butter and stir. Mixture should be in a liquidly state, like a pancake mixture.
- Pour the batter on top of the chicken evenly.
- Bake for an hour on 425*.
I added a package of frozen veggies on top of the chicken, then added the broth mixture, and it was delicious.