Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cooking Light recipe. Very mild, and kid friendly. Light recipe
Make and share this Buttermilk Chicken Nuggets recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups fresh english muffin breadcrumbs (about 2 muffins)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine breadcrumbs and cheese in a bowl. Remove chicken from bag and arrange on a sheet of wax paper. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1 cup breadcrumb mixture. Turn chicken, and sprinkle with remaining breadcrumb mixture. Arrange chicken strips on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.