1/1 Photo of Buttermilk Chicken Caesar Salad
This is from Everyday Food. Notice how you can prepare the chicken in its marinade the day before and that you reserve a 1/2 cup of the buttermilk mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 garlic clove, pressed through a garlic press
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- coarse salt
- black pepper
- 2 (6 -8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 slices multigrain bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 romaine lettuce, heads cut into pieces (1 1/2# total)
- 1/2 small radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat.
- 2Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, lemon juice, garlic, and Parmesan.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Place mixture in a resealable plastic bag; reserving 1/2 cup for salad, add the rest of the buttermilk mixture to bag.
- 6Refrigerate chicken at least 15 minutes and up to 1 day.
- 7Meanwhile, make croutons by placing bread on prepared baking sheet.
- 8Brush both sides with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- 9Broil until toasted, 1 to 2 minutes per side; cut into 1 inch pieces (and reserve baking sheet).
- 10Transfer chicken to baking sheet; discard marinade.
- 11Broil until opaque throughout, 14 to 16 minutes.
- 12Let rest 5 minutes; thinly slice crosswise.
- 13In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise and the reserved 1/2 cup of buttermilk mixture.
- 14Add romaine, radicchio, chicken, and croutons; toss to combine.
- 15Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Chicken Caesar Salad
Serving Size: 1 (802 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.2
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.8 mg
- Sodium 457.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 30.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: