1/3 Photos of Buttermilk, Cheese, Shallots & Potato Scones
Baby Kato's Note:
I love tea biscuits and scones and am always on the lookout for something a little different. These savory scones are too die for, they are soo good. The flavor, crumb and texture are perfect. Try them and see for yourself, you will not be disappointed. This is a great use for leftover mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small frying pan, melt butter and add shallots, cook on medium low heat until, soft and tender. Remove from pan, cool and set aside until needed.
- 2Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 3In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- 4Cut in the shortening until it resembles fine bread crumbs, then stir in the cheese, cooled shallots and the mashed potatoes.
- 5Beat the egg and buttermilk together and pour into the flour, cheese and potato mixture all at once, stirring lightly until you have a soft sticky dough.
- 6Add the dough to a lightly floured surface and pat into a large circle about 3/4 to an inch thick. I use a water glass to cut out the dough.
- 7Place the scones on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in a 425 degree oven for 10 - 12 minutes, until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk, Cheese, Shallots & Potato Scones
Serving Size: 1 (763 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.2
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.1 mg
- Sodium 603.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 9.3 g