Recipe by duonyte
I needed bread and wanted to use what I had at home. This is what I came up with. It came out of the oven with a crackly, blistered crust and a great light texture. Excellent with soup or for sandwiches.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I made this wonderful bread on my KA stand mixer with some amount adjustments, I also added in some garlic powder and used 1 cup buttermilk with 1 cup water and omitted the buttermilk powder, turned out wonderful, thanks duonyte!
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients in bread machine pan in recommended order and set on dough cycle.
- Check consistency of dough and add additional water or flour, if necessary.
- At end of cycle, remove, shape, and let rise until approximately doubled. Bake in preheated 350 deg. oven. for app. 30 to 40 minute.