1/1 Photo of Buttermilk-Cheese Biscuits
Mrs. R's Note:
Wonderful tasting biscuits for breakfast or dinner. My husband is now our official biscuit maker b/c he enjoys this recipe! They are pretty easy to make, too. This recipe was found in the Cook 'n On the Go software.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (I use powdered buttermilk and water, which can be found in the baking aisle at the grocery store)
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1At least 30 minutes or up to 2 1/2 hours before serving: in a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 2With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Stir in cheese and buttermilk just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 4Place on a lightly floured surface.
- 5Gently knead ten to twelve times.
- 6Roll or pat to 1/2-inch thickness.
- 7Cut with a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter dipped in flour.
- 8Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 9If making ahead, cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- 10About 25 minutes before serving: Preheat oven to 425-degrees for 10 minutes.
- 11Bake biscuits for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk-Cheese Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.9
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 257.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g