Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another biscuit recipe, LOL. These are really good and can be used stand-alone or as topping on potpies or casseroles. Easy to make, simple ingredients, great results.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, coarse grate
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 teaspoons unsalted butter, cold and in chunks
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk, stirred well at room temperature
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Sift dry ingredients into bowl. Add cheeses and stir to coat with flour.
- Add butter and work into mixture until it resembles a coarse meal.
- Stir in buttermilk just until a dough forms.
- Set aside and prepare a baking sheet.
- Line a baking sheet or sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Drop biscuit dough by spoonfuls onto sheet.
- Baked in preheated oven for 30 - 45 minutes until biscuits are puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from sheet to wire rack immediately and let cool.