Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I’m posting this mainly for those of you on Zaar who can’t eat gluten…but these healthy and delicious pancakes can be enjoyed by anyone! From Light and Tasty’s June/July 2005 issue.
- 236.59 ml buckwheat flour
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml nutmeg
- 0.59 ml clove
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml low-fat buttermilk
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together; stir into dry mixture just until moistened.
- Pour batter by ¼ cupfuls onto a hot nonstick griddle coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until second side is golden brown.
Oh yeah! With raspberries and proper maple syrup. :)
Make the batter, then let it sit...20 minutes up to 2 hours (I can never wait that long). The buttermilk does something when you wait and makes them super-fluffy! Made the recipe as is, waited before cooking, and my GOODNESS were they good. Thanks for the great recipe!
My family loves this recipe, we make these at least once a week. We are gluten and dairy free, and substitute rice milk for the buttermilk. They can be a bit dry but are amazing and moist with a grated apple added!