Prep 7 mins
Cook 7 mins
A somewhat healthier pancake! From The Healthy Heart Cookbook.
Make and share this Buttermilk-buckwheat Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute or 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- cooking spray
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine buttermilk, egg substitute, water and margarine in a small bowl and mix well; add to flour mixture, stirring just enough until dry ingredients are moistened.
- To make small pancakes, spoon 2 tblsp batter onto hot griddle that has been coated with cooking spray, and spread into 4 inch circle.
- Turn over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look firm.
- Each 4 inch pancake should provide 46 calories, 2g protein, 1g fat and 8g carbs.
- Recipe makes about 12 (4") pancakes.
Very good! I love buckwheat pancakes, and it is nice to find a healthier version. I subbed gluten-free flour for the all-purpose, and Splenda for the sugar. I served with agave nectar. Thanks for a great breakfast. Going to try this as waffles, also.
A very nice fat-free pancake. I nused the 1/4 cup egg substitute.This was very flavorful, and much better than I had anticipated. Great post.