Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 chop. Per serving: 183 calories, 7.2 g fat, 26 g protein, 2 g carb, 0.3 g fiber, 69 mg cholesterol. Marinates overnight
- 2 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 4 (6 ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops (6 oz. each and 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large heavy duty zip-lock plastic bag; shake well to dissolve salt and sugar.
- Add in pork chops; seal and refrigerate overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove pork from bag and throw away the brine.
- Pat pork dry with a paper towel; sprinkle chops with pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick grill pan over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add pork; cook 3 1/2 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
We thought this was *extremely* salty and didn't care for it.
We had this last night and enjoyed it. I decreased the kosher salt to 1 tsp and that seemed to be plenty, and increased the rosemary to 2 tsp. Grilled these outside and they turned out very moist and tender. I marinaded them for about 12 hours. Very nice. thanks