- 2 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 4 (6 ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops (6 oz. each and 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large heavy duty zip-lock plastic bag; shake well to dissolve salt and sugar.
- Add in pork chops; seal and refrigerate overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove pork from bag and throw away the brine.
- Pat pork dry with a paper towel; sprinkle chops with pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick grill pan over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add pork; cook 3 1/2 minutes per side or until desired doneness.