Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in the 2004 Taste of Home Quick Cooking Cookbook.It was submitted to them by Nita Anderson of Florence Alabama.NOTE:I just used the dough cycle on my machine. After removing dough from machine, it was kneaded just a bit then formed into a loaf,placed into a greased loaf pan then covered with a towel.I left it to rise in a warm place for 1 hour. Then preheated my oven to 350 degrees,baked for 35 minutes or until I heard a hollow sound when it was " Thumped "This recipe makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf of very soft bread. Submitted to Food.com ( A.K.A. ZAAR ) on March 28th., 2011.
- 118.29 ml plus 2 tablespoons water (70 to 80 degrees)
- 118.29 ml warm buttermilk (70 to 80 degrees )
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine, softened
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 709.77 ml bread flour
- 11.09 ml active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan,place all ingredients in pan according to your particular model.
- Select basic bread setting.( Check dough after 5 minutes, to see if 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour or water is needed.).
- Chose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to your bread machine directions.
I didn't have to add more water or flour in the bread machine. I used the dough setting. Then I shaped it and put in the buttered loaf pan. And let to rise at least 45 minutes. I baked it at 350F for 35 minutes and removed it from the pan. The bread has a great texture as you can see on my photos. The bread is airy and soft. It was very good with butter. Thanks Chef shapeweaver :) Made for your win in Bargain Basement tag game