Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the softest bread I have made yet and it's very flavourful. Great for toast or slathered with peanut butter, yummy!! I let the machine do the work and then bake in the oven.
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk (I use whole milk powder)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Let the buttermilk come to room temperature or microwave until almost warm.
- Add the ingredients to the machine in order given.
- Set on dough cycle.
- When complete, remove dough and shape into a log and place in a pam sprayed loaf pan.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size or about 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 30 minutes.
I omitted the powdered milk as I didn't have any, and kneaded the dough for about 10 minutes in my stand mixer. I had to add about 5 minutes of bake time, probably because of my oven. This bread is soft, light, and easy to slice. It got rave reviews from my family. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Made as directed and should have checked the dough before letting the bread maker carry on. It needed additional flour, as is the dough was more like that for batter bread. Had great flavor and I will make again with additional flour. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
We enjoyed this bread. I made it on the dough setting and baked in my oven and it came out great except that the dough is very sticky. Next time, I'll watch it and add more flour to make it less sticky. Thanks for posting!