Recipe by bailey46
This is the softest bread I have made yet and it's very flavourful. Great for toast or slathered with peanut butter, yummy!! I let the machine do the work and then bake in the oven.
Top Review by Raichka
I omitted the powdered milk as I didn't have any, and kneaded the dough for about 10 minutes in my stand mixer. I had to add about 5 minutes of bake time, probably because of my oven. This bread is soft, light, and easy to slice. It got rave reviews from my family. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk (I use whole milk powder)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Let the buttermilk come to room temperature or microwave until almost warm.
- Add the ingredients to the machine in order given.
- Set on dough cycle.
- When complete, remove dough and shape into a log and place in a pam sprayed loaf pan.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size or about 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 30 minutes.