Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A quick treat that can easily be doubled
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-bran cereal
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Combine buttermilk with bran. Set aside.
- Mix together eggs, melted butter and vanilla.
- Stir into buttermilk mixture.
- Stir sugar and lemon rind into remaining dry ingredients.
- Add buttermilk mixture and stir just until blended.
- Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
Very tasty and easy! They have a nice crispy outside and moist, chewy center. I loved the hint of lemon with the cinnamon! The only change I made was using Fiber One instead of All-Bran cereal. Made for Spring 2008 PAC.