Recipe by Scandigirl
Here is another version of my blueberry pancake collection. Of course we serve it with Canadian Maple syrup. Every fall we drive to Quebec to pick up our ration of maple syrup from my brother-in-law, who makes his own. A real treat for us, and we enjoy the lovely fall follage of the maple trees.
Top Review by Boomette
The taste of these pancakes are so good. But they were too liquid. Seems like it could have use more flour. Also I used frozen blueberries. And while I was doing the pancakes, the blueberries made liquid in the dough. But it gave a great taste and color to the pancakes. I think this recipe would be better with fresh blueberries. Thanks Scandigirl :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs whites until stiff and set aside.
- In another bowl beat egg yolks with buttermilk.
- Combine flour with sugar and baking soda.
- Stir together well.
- Mix dry ingredients into egg yolk mixture until only just blended.
- Gently fold in beaten egg whites.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Melt butter in a skillet and stir melted butter into batter.
- Return skillet to medium high heat.
- Spoon batter in 1/4 cupfuls into pan.
- Serve with pure maple syrup and garnish with fresh fruit.