Recipe by karen in tbay
This recipe taken from Taste of Home - Garden Fresh Recipes featuring the season's most popular fruits and vegetables - Autumn 1997. They are the weekend pancake often prepared by the children. They are truly light as a feather and full of flavor.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- butter or margarine (optional)
- syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix buttermilk, eggs and oil.
- Add flour, sugar,baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Stir until blended, but a few lumps remain.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Pour by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot greased griddle.
- Cook til bubbles form then flip and cook til browned on other side.
- Serve with butter and syrup if desired.