Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From TOH - posted for safe-keeping.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt, nonfat
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- In a separate bowl, combine yogurt and buttermilk.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
These didn't work out for me. The muffin batter was quite puffy going into the oven but fell during baking. Muffins were heavy, gummy, and not very sweet. I did double check the recipe to make sure my ingredients were correct. Thanks for sharing the recipe, though.
Wow, these are great! Just enough sugar but not too sweet. Hubby was caught off guard because he's used to the very sweet store-bought mixes. But he agreed they were good and healthier than store-bought. These have a nice home made, comforting flavor. The combination of buttermilk and yogurt made a very yummy muffin! Definitely give these a try!