1/4 Photos of Buttermilk-Blueberry Breakfast Cake
1 hr 5 mins
The buttermilk makes this moist and delicious. From Alexandra's Kitchen blog.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (or more)
- 3/4 cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or 3/4 tsp table salt)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter with lemon zest and sugar (minus 1 tablespoon) until light and fluffy.
- 2Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Meanwhile, toss the blueberries with 1/4 cup of flour, then whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture a little at a time, alternating with the buttermilk; fold in the blueberries.
- 4Grease a 9-inch square aluminum baking pan with butter or coat with non-stick spray. Spread batter into pan. Sprinkle batter with remaining tablespoon of sugar. Bake for 35-45 minutes. Check with a toothpick, checking for doneness. Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk-Blueberry Breakfast Cake
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.3
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.4 mg
- Sodium 448.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g