Recipe by weekend cooker
Flavorful 15 minute quick side dish
Top Review by duonyte
Made this to accompany some small steaks, and it was a great side dish. I used russets, simply because that is what I had handy. I did have to add a bit more buttermilk, probably because my potatoes were a bit larger. An excellent combination.
- 4 small red potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with cold water 2 inches above potatoes.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutesor until tender, and drain.
- Return potatoes to pan, add the remaining ingredients to pan, and mash with a potato masher to desired consistancy.