Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Flavorful 15 minute quick side dish
- 4 small red potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with cold water 2 inches above potatoes.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutesor until tender, and drain.
- Return potatoes to pan, add the remaining ingredients to pan, and mash with a potato masher to desired consistancy.
Made this to accompany some small steaks, and it was a great side dish. I used russets, simply because that is what I had handy. I did have to add a bit more buttermilk, probably because my potatoes were a bit larger. An excellent combination.
Mmm, this was really good, and so quick to throw together. I left the peels on the potatoes as I usually do when I make mashed potatoes, and I used garlic salt instead of regular salt. The blue cheese was not at all overpowering, and just gave the potatoes a rich flavor. Loved it- I think I'll be making this a lot. [Made & Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe]
We really enjoyed these mashed potatoes. The buttermilk really gives the potatoes a rich tanginess and the blue cheese really adds another level of delicious flavor. Served these potatoes with Stuffed Pork Chops in Mushroom Cream Sauce and a side salad. Wonderful meal.