1/2 Photos of Buttermilk Biscuits With Cranberries
Light and tender biscuits. The key is to sift the the dry ingredients FOUR times. The dough should be manageable but sticky; a wetter dough makes a lighter biscuit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Into a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt. Sift together 4 times.
- 3Blend in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the buttermilk and cranberries, and stir the mixture gently until it forms a sticky dough.
- 4With floured hands, transfer the dough to a well-floured surface and knead it lightly 8 times. Pat out dough 1/2-inch thick; cut out biscuits with a floured 2-inch round cutter.
- 5Arrange the biscuits upside down on a greased baking sheet. (The biscuit cutter pinches the edges together when they are being cut out, so turning the biscuits over after cutting allows them to rise higher.) The biscuits should touch each other.
- 6Bake the biscuits in the middle of the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Biscuits With Cranberries
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.4
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 189.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g