Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4-1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Stir together first four ingredients in a large bowl Cut 1/4 cup butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly; add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll to 1/2 inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2 inch round cutter.
- Place 2 tbsp butter in a 10 1/2 inch cast iron skillet.
- Place skillet in 350 degree oven 5 minutes or until butter melts.
- Remove skillet from oven, and add biscuits.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Brush biscuits with 2 tbsp melted butter.