Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line large cookie sheet with parchment.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Cut in butter using pastry blender or fingers until mixture resembles fine meal.
- Beat buttermilk and egg in a small bowl to blend; add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined – do not overmix.
- Roll dough out on lightly-floured surface to 1 inch thick round.
- Cut out biscuits using floured 2-inch cutter.
- Gather and re-roll scraps; cut out additional rounds.
- Transfer to cookie sheet, spacing 1 inch apart.
- Bake until golden-brown, 25-30 minutes.
- Cool biscuits slightly before serving with lots of butter.
Great biscuits! they went really well with your Goulash; I used Splenda instead of sugar, it worked very well.Beautiful high risin golden biscuits, but I only baked them for about 20 minutes. Will be making them again, thanks for sharing.
Good biscuits, but kind of "eggy" texture. Not as flaky as many of the other recipes I have tried.
Great Biscuits Evelyn. We really enjoyed these delicious, tender buttermilk biscuits. They were light, fluffy and incredible tasting. I served them with a spicy bean casserole, we couldn't have asked for a better meal. Thank you so much for sharing. I will be making these again often...Kudos...Kato :)