1/6 Photos of Buttermilk Biscuits
Sue Lau's Note:
Goes great with sausage gravy or just warm spread with marmalade or preserves. Fill some with sausage patties and freeze to have ready for a quick breakfast from the microwave!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F,.
- 2Sift dry ingredients together.
- 3Mix in shortening with pastry blender, fork, or fingertips until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4Form a well in center of flour and pour buttermilk in.
- 5Mix flour into this, stirring and working until flour leaves sides of bowl and forms a ball.
- 6When it comes away from sides without sticking too bad, it's ready.
- 7Otherwise, work in a little more flour.
- 8Place dough on floured surface and knead 5-6 times.
- 9Do not knead too much or dough will become tough.
- 10Roll or pat out to about 1/2" thickness and cut with biscuit cutter or floured glass.
- 11Place biscuits on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 12Bake at 450 degrees F.
- 13for 8-12 minutes or until light golden.
- 14Brush tops with melted butter, if desired.
- 15Serve warm with sausage gravy or butter and preserves, if desired.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 235.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g