Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this from a cookbook years ago.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Heat oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the shortening to the dry ingredients mixing until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Add the buttermilk and stir until combined.
- Roll out and cut out with biscuit cutters as many biscuits as possible.
- Brush tops with heavy cream and bake 13-15 minutes.