Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and Easy to make, delightful for a breakfast sandwich or with jam or butter. Change them to suit your style. I often toss in cheese and bacon, or blueberries, raisins, chocolate chips.... the recipe is forgiving just don't go overboard with the additives....
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine all dry ingredients. Stir in oil 1 tbsp at a time.
- Stir in buttermilk until ingredients are just moistened.
- Drop onto greased cookie sheet a few inches apart.
- Bake 375 for 10-15 minutes.
- Makes 6 Large bisquits (5 Weightwatchers points each).