- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chilled stick margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, but into small pieces. plus
- 1 teaspoon chilled stick margarine or 1 teaspoon butter, but into small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk or 3⁄4 cup fat-free buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; cut in margarine with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add buttermilk and stir until just moist.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly 4 or 5 times.
- Roll to a 1/2 inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.