1/4 Photos of Buttermilk Biscuits
Very tender and light. Good served hot with butter or molasses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- 2Cut in shortening.
- 3Add buttermilk and mix lightly just until a ball is formed.
- 4Knead very briefly.
- 5Put on a lightly floured board and roll out to approximately 1/2" thick.
- 6Cut with a floured biscuit cutter.
- 7Gather scraps together and re-roll and cut.
- 8Put on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 400F oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.3
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 353.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g